The natural reaction to aches and pain for most of us is to swallow pain relieving pills.
We tend to keep these pills close by in our kitchen cabinet and while medications such as Nuprin, Nurofen, Advil and Motrin which are all ibuprofen tablets may help to offer relief from pain they can have serious side effects that can be detrimental to your overall health.
Some Of The Side Effects Of Ibuprofen Drugs
Using NSAIDs and ibuprofen tablets regularly and for an extended period of time can lead to the following side effects;
- Heart attack
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Kidney cancer
- Erectile dysfunction
What happens is that when you use NSAIDs and ibuprofen tablets they help to block Cyclooxygenase 2 (COX 2) which is an enzyme responsible for causing painful inflammation in the body.
However, you can achieve this feat naturally using turmeric as it’s active compound known as curcumin is known to effectively block COX 2.
The good news is turmeric unlike NSAIDs or ibuprofen tablets has no side effects and tea made from turmeric has been used in parts of Asia for centuries and to good effect.
Benefits Of Consuming Turmeric Tea
- It will help to relieve you of persistent headaches and migraines.
- You will get relief from muscle and joint pains.
- It will help relieve you from conditions of gout, arthritis and rheumatism.
Here’s how turmeric tea is prepared.
- Fresh turmeric root (grated) — 2 tablespoons or 1 tablespoon of finely grounded turmeric powder
- Clean water — 4 cups
- Pure natural honey — 1 tablespoon or fresh organic lemon for taste
- Get a saucepan and pour your water in it.
- Put this saucepan on a stove with medium heat and bring the water to a boil.
- As the water begins to boil put in your fresh turmeric root and allow it to boil for a period of 20 minutes. However, if you are making use of finely grounded turmeric powder let it boil for a period of 10 minutes.
- Once you are through with boiling the turmeric all you need to do is strain the turmeric juice using a sieve.
- Let it cool for a while then add your pure natural honey or your freshly squeezed organic lemon for taste.
Your turmeric tea is now ready and you can drink it twice daily, once in the morning before breakfast and on an empty stomach and also in the evening after dinner and before bedtime.