Our body’s alkaline balance is crucial to our wellbeing as our organs and immune system all function properly under an alkaline environment.
It is known that the human body regulates the pH level of its blood in three different ways.
When you breathe and the rate at which you breathe can influence the level of carbon dioxide acidity in your body, even though it’s mildly acidic.
Exercising produces both carbon dioxide and lactic acid which is of course acidic for example.
When you exhale you also disperse acids.
Your kidneys get rid of acids in your body when you urinate and also your body has buffers which are chemicals that help to resist changes in your body’s pH level.
It’s important for the body to maintain a particular pH range in order to allow those necessary chemical reactions in your body to occur.
It is a well-known fact that autoimmune diseases are caused by the level of acidity in the body.
The more acidic the body is the greater the damage to your…
- cell metabolism,
- increase in free radical generation
- increase in fluid buildup
The health implications of an acidic body include the following ailments;
- morning sickness
It is important to note that whatever we consume positively or adversely affects our pH level.
Dairy products and meat are predominantly acidic in nature.
On the other hand fruits and vegetables are mainly alkaline, but we must balance our eating habits to include both types of food in order to give our body a more balanced pH level.
Avoiding processed and refined food will help to curtail any acidic spiking of your body system.
To keep a regular update on your pH level you can obtain pH strips which are cheap and readily available in any health food store or you can purchase it online.
Testing your urine for its pH level is believed to be an accurate way of knowing your body’s overall pH status.
You can do this in the morning or in night time. However the first reading in the morning is likely to be acidic since the body clears up the acids in the body overnight whilst you sleep.
The second test would give a more accurate perspective, you then compare and contrast the strip with a color chart you will be given in order to know where exactly your pH level is.
How To Get Your Body To Be Alkaline Always
- Get a glass of warm water, squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the water.
- Then mix half a tablespoon of baking soda and you have a refreshing alkaline based drink ready.
- You can also make smoothies consisting of green veggies and fruits, use spirulina, chlorella, barley grass, wheat grass, cayenne and kelp in your smoothies and drink daily.
- As mentioned earlier, avoided fast foods consisting of processed and refined products.
- You can also buy alkaline water from your health store or online to get your body alkaline in no time.
- It us also useful to use natural cleaning agents rather than commercial chemicals that are highly toxic and can raise your body’s acidity. Try using diluted apple cider vinegar or essential oils and plant proteins for example.
- Consume only grass-fed organic animal products avoid GMO animal and plant products as much as possible.
- Always use shampoo, conditioner, lotions, make-up, facial creams, mouthwash and soap that are natural. Avoid those commercial products that are full of synthetic additives and toxic chemicals that are harmful to your health.
Here Is A List Of Alkaline Rich Foods;
- Sweet potatoes/Yams
- Winter squash
- Collard greens
- Nuts, Seeds, Herbs and Spices which have a high alkaline level
- Pumpkin seeds
- Ginger root
- Sea salt
- Mustard greens
- Ginger tea
- Mineral water
Source : livingtraditionally.com